There are many different organizations involved in the different facets of Montessori education. Here is a partial list where you can learn more about the robust and thriving global Montessori community.
- Montessori Florida Coalition (MFC) – Organizes an annual conference with professional development and parent education.
- American Montessori Society (AMS) – U.S.-focused advocacy, research publication, school accreditation, annual conference, teacher education, publisher of Montessori Life magazine, and more.
- Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) – International advocacy, research publication, school accreditation, annual conference, teacher education, publisher of AMI Journal, and more.
- AMI Affiliate: North American Montessori Teachers Association (NAMTA) – Print publications, annual conference, and research.
- International Montessori Council (IMC) & The Montessori Foundation – International advocacy, research publication, school accreditation, teacher education, publisher of Tomorrow’s Child magazine, curriculum coordination, and more.
- Montessori Accreditation Council for Teacher Education (MACTE) – The only organization recognized by the U.S. department of education for accrediting Montessori teacher education programs.
- National Center for Montessori in the Public Sector (NCMPS) – Advocacy, Montessori education videos, implementation assistance, research and dissemination, convening and networking.
- Montessori Public Policy Initiative (MPPI) – A collaboration between AMS & AMI focused on creating and helping to coordinate local grassroots Montessori groups (primarily at the state level) such as our organization, Montessori Alliance of Florida.
- Montessori Census – An initiative to collect data on all self-identifying Montessori schools in the U.S.